Re: [ferret_users] How to flip a variable? U is read at reverse

Hi Karen,

There is the 'positive' netcdf attribute for the Z-axis, which can be 'up' or 'down'.   In your case,
    depth_u:positive = "up";

If not specified, Ferret assumes 'down' for an axis whose name starts with 'depth', and assumes 'up' for names starting with 'elev', 'height', 'level', 'layer'.  So you could also try a different name that is more typical for positive values going up.

Kind regards,
Karl