[ferret_users] How to flip a variable? U is read at reverse

Hi all

I am struggling with some ROMS files that I try to read. The surface is at level 40, and the bottom at level 1.
When I import the netcdf, Ferret automatically flips (I do not understand how/why) the U,V,T,S variables so that k=1 is now at the surface and k=40 is at the bottom. However, it does not flip the depth variable. My depths levels are negative values.

If I do u*depth, I end up multiplying the bottom by the surface. If I plot a vertical section of U, the max velocities are at the bottom...

Any idea of option to give, or some missing attribute in the netcdf? I created the nc from a mat file.
Thank you in advance!

netcdf U_climato_CMM {
dimensions:
z = 40 ;