[ferret_users] Setting shade palette then using PPL

Hi,
  This is my code, and I am wondering how to set the palette so my PPL SHADE
command uses the proper palette:

shade/pal=blue_red_centered.spk/lev=(-inf)(-6)(-5,5,0.5)/nol temdiff
ppl hlabs 1,.18
ppl rlabs 1,0
ppl shade

This is inherited code and I'm not 100% sure -- other than specifying the labels
with ppl, why ppl shade is necessary, but when I execute it, the ppl shade uses the default ferret color palette..
Thanks for any help!
  Judy

--
Judy Illeman Gaukel
Climate, Atmospheric Sciences, and Physical Oceanography