Re: [ferret_users]

Hi,

Here is a good resource:

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/faq/averaging-to-regrid-a-time-series -- The examples show plotting a time series at a point, but once you have defined the regridding to your annual (or decacal) time axis, you can plot spatial maps at a given time on that new axis. I located that by typing "annual" into the search box in the Ferret web pages.

Also see "define axis" for the details about how to define your axes.  I think you will get best results by using the /EDGES qualifier, so that the coordinates you specify are the boundaries between years or decades.

Ansley