[ferret_users] RE: memory strategies for handling large computational requests

Hi Patrick,

Seeing that you work with summed/averaged data, what about using nco to do the calculations first and then feed the averages into ferret? This should be much faster and is only a couple of nco commands.

I found nco really fast and easy to use – though my files have not been as big.

Just a thought,

Best

Jörg

Jörg Kaduk

Associate Professor for Environmental Modelling

Plagiarism Officer of the School of Geography, Geology and the Environment

http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/geography/people/jkaduk

@jkaduk

http://orcid.org/0000-0003-4051-3081

e: jk61@xxxxxxxx

t: +44 (0)116 252 3848

School of Geography, Geology and the Environment, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester LE1 7RH, UK

cid:image001.png@01D0FA11.54D38240

           Elite Without Being Elitist

Follow us on Twitter or visit our Facebook page and the Departmental Twitter and Facebook page