Re: [ferret_users] how to mirror a plot

Hi

You can use /HLIMITS to set the start and end points on the horizontal axis (and /VLIMITS for the vertical axis. )

Something like this should work - using the correct values for your data of course.

   vector/hlimits=180000:0 u_vel, v_vel

Your data is on a grid defined in "meters".

I'd like to go into a little more detail,  for data on longitude/latitude grids often used in Ferret. To be really careful, and get this to work consistently, it's best to specify the data  range using the "variable context", to select the exact range of data to use, and then use /HLIMITS to say what the drawing limits should be.  Try this:
use etopo60
shade/lev=c/pal=topo_blue_brown/hlim=360:150 rose[x=150:360,y=0:90]

go land
Overlays like "go land" or "go fland" work as long as the coordinate-axis units are ones understood by Ferret and are compatible with the datasets used in the overlays, because Ferret gets the context from the drawing of the underlying plot.

Here is a discussion of setting contexts: http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/introduction/GETTING-STARTED#_VPINDEXENTRY_4