[ferret_users] query for regression analysis.

Dear Ferreters,

I got a small doubt which is creating a big difference in my analysis. I computed two type linear regression from go regresst from that same set of data having 132 monthly time steps. In first method I used the monthly time series and computed the slope and multiplied it with 12 to convert it into J/year from J/month which is coming in the order of 1*10^7 J/year. But when I calculated the slope from the annually average values i.e. 11 years from 132 monthly time step values then my slope is coming in order of 1*10^8 J/year. So why is this happening and which one is right way for computation.

​I hope I am clear for my query and hoping that some one have overcome this problem.​

​regards, saurabh​

--

REGARDS

Saurabh Rathore
Research Scholar (PhD.)
Centre For Oceans, Rivers, Atmosphere & Land Science Technology
Indian Institute Of Technology, Kharagpur
contact :- 91- 8345984434