Re: [ferret_users] zero values to NaN

Dear Atul,

Another way of specifying any value (say -999 ) as nan is

set var/bad=-999 uval

Then all -999 values will be treated as NaN.

Regards,
Abhisek

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 12:55 PM, Russ Fiedler <russell.fiedler@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Rather than using "NaN" it's is preferable to use "missing" values. What you want is the IGNORE0() function

let uvels=IGNORE0(uvel)

This sets all zero to missing.

In general if you want to mask out a value but keep the rest.

let val_if_not_equal_to_foo = if val ne foo then val

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/variables-xpressions/VARIABLES#_VPID_75

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/commands-reference/IF

Russ