[ferret_users] Pyferret file naming

Hi,

I am trying out pyferret.  I can construct a file name in python, having set the appropriate string variables, then:

>>> input_file = input_dir + file_name

and start pyferret:

>>> pyferret.start(quiet=3DTrue)

True?

but I can't get the syntax correct to use the file

>>> (errval, errmsg) =3D pyferret.run('use input_file')

 **TMAP ERR: non-existent or not on line

             Searched $FER_DESCR and $FER_DATA for input_file(.nc ,.cdf,.des)

I want to use the full file path/fiilename, equivalent to

use "/um-results/ESM1_HI-C2C-10E_results/HI-C2C-10E_ohc_cube19510630.nc"

which works fine in the usual way, and not have to worry about moving files=
 to $FER_DATA

Thanks,

Roger