[ferret_users] regarding masking of a particular section on a spatial plot

Dear Ferreters,

Is there nay way to mask out the particular box of lat-lon in the data. As I want to mask the box of 0-60E and 35N-63N in the attached plot the data that I plotted is the ocean temperature which is a 4-d data in lat, lon, depth and time this is the plot for l=1,k=1. So I just want to mask that area in my data.

I tried like this

let mask_mar2=if var[x=0E:80E,y=33N:63N] eq var[x=0E:80E,y=33N:63N] then (0/0)
let var_mask=var*mask_mar2[gxy=var]

or I tried like this way also

let mask_mar2=if var[x=0E:80E,y=33N:63N] ne var[x=0E:80E,y=33N:63N] then 1
let var_mask=var*mask_mar2[gxy=var]

but in both the cases I am not successful to mask out this box. Please Help.

regards, saurabh

--

REGARDS

Saurabh Rathore
Research Scholar (PhD.)
Centre For Oceans, Rivers, Atmosphere & Land Science Technology
Indian Institute Of Technology, Kharagpur
contact :- 91- 8345984434