Re: [ferret_users] Calculate OHC time series of water column

Dear Abhishek sir

It is always good to use potential temperature for ohc calculation. In which rho.cp.T is the ocean heat J/m^3 and it's integration in z will give the OHC J/m^2. I think you did the right thing except the use of potential temperature. If it is a 4d data in x,y,z,t then ohc[x=@din,y=@din,z=@din] will give you the time series of OHC in joules.

I hope this will help. Please let us know if it solved.

Regards Saurabh