[ferret_users] inserting time axis for the data provided with no time axis information and in separate monthly file for each month

Dear Ferreters,

I am using monthly data which is not having any time axis information and every month is in a separate netcdf file from 1950-2016. Due to no time axis information and after merging the files by using CDO there is no error but still the time axis is missing. So I need to insert the time axis for the whole data from Jan-1950 to Dec-2016. I don't understand how to insert the time axis I tried using

define axis/t/units=months/t="15-jan-1950:00:00"/calendar=360_days tmonthly
let temp=temp[gt=tmonthly@asn]

but was unsuccessful. I hope there is a proper way to insert the time axis for the data which are provided in separate monthly files for each month. I am attaching only 2 files for the experiment.

--

REGARDS

Saurabh Rathore
Research Scholar (PhD.)
Centre For Oceans, Rivers, Atmosphere & Land Science Technology
Indian Institute Of Technology, Kharagpur
contact :- 91- 8345984434