Re: [ferret_users] pyferret and gif : make a movie

Le 21 juil. 2017 à 15:36, Estanislao Gavilan Pascual-Ahuir (PGR) <E.Gavilan-Pascual-Ahuir1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Hi Oliver,

I high recommend you to install Ubuntu using VirtualBox (everything is easy in linux). Anyway, I do gif using Gifsicle. So you can save 1000 gif images and merge them in a gif using this tool. I have just checked and it seems that gifsicle is windows supported. But I must confess that I use this tool in Linux and I do not know if it works that good in windows.

There is another way, but it takes a lot of memory RAM. You could use GIMP (like photoshop but free). In this case, you only need to load the picture an make an animation.

Kind regards,

Estanislao

Estanislao,

I did try gisicle (on Mac OS X). It does not work with png files. I used it with old ferret, but for pyferret I need something else

I finally tried ImageJ which works smoothly and fast.

Thanks for your help

Olivier

--
Dr. Olivier Marti  - mailto:olivier.marti@xxxxxxxxxxxx