[ferret_users] Improperly specified dimensions not recognized - Bug in v7.1?

Hello,

I believe that I might have run into a bug of the 7.1- Pyferret and Ferret version and I couldn't find any report about it. Since we have installed several versions of ferret in our institute, I found out that the following small code produces funny behaviour with version v7.1. Older versions seem not to have this problem.

use coads_climatology
set region/l=1
shade/x=0 sst

Version 7 (and older) issues a reasonable warning that the dimensions are improperly specified, but version v7.1 executes the command. Does anyone experience the same behaviour?

Kind regards,
Lydia Siegfried

More info on my specifications:
PyFERRET v7 (opt)
Linux 3.19.0-64-generic - 07/01/16

PyFerret v7.1 (optimized)
Linux 4.4.0-62-generic - 02/16/17

FERRET v7.1 (optimized)
Linux 2.6.32-642.13.1.el6.x86_64 64-bit - 02/15/17