Re: [ferret_users] get ppl defaults

Op Tue, 20 Jun 2017 11:11:07 -0700 schreef William Kessler:
> I think
>
> PPL LISTSYM
>
> gives all the variables PPLUS knows about.
>
> It's a long list and not especially transparent (and only gives
> information after a plot is made), but might be useful. It will not
> do quite what you want because successive plots of different
> sizes/shapes will have different values of label numbers, axis
> lengths, etc (those will be numbered successively, so it could be
> useful for the first plot in a new Ferret session).
>
> But in general, as Ansley says it's better to specify the label
> height directly (LABSET for axis labels, LABEL for handmade ones).
> Then there's no ambiguity.

Great, that's a useful command to check some things.  I presume you
cannot directly change these variables, or you are not supposed to?

But to my issue.  The variable returned by

    PPL LIST LABSET

are not in the PPL LISTSYM output.  I rather get some unconveniently
formatted output.  Can I save that in some way to a variable?

I just want a jnl script to read the default font sizes, apply a
scaling factor on them in LABSET, and plot them thus.  In the end,
there are just a couple of values \in {0.16, 0.12, 0.10} inch, so I
could hard code them in my scripts: they are after all default values.
But I thought there may be a more elegant way to do it.

 - Marco