Re: [ferret_users] get ppl defaults

I think

PPL LISTSYM

gives all the variables PPLUS knows about.

It's a long list and not especially transparent (and only gives information after a plot is made), but might be useful. It will not do quite what you want because successive plots of different sizes/shapes will have different values of label numbers, axis lengths, etc (those will be numbered successively, so it could be useful for the first plot in a new Ferret session).

But in general, as Ansley says it's better to specify the label height directly (LABSET for axis labels, LABEL for handmade ones). Then there's no ambiguity.

Billy K