[ferret_users] Memory limit

Hello
I am using ferret version 5.22, and recently I am getting a lot of " insufficient memory errors "
I have done "set men/size= " and "cancel memory" and quitted ferret and tried, but this problem still remains.
There is a lot of data that I have processed, but my system shows 4.5 GB used out of 10.2 GB. And the folder containing my datasets also shows free space. There is a section of data that is at present insignificant which may be removed.
1 So is there any way to extend the memory size?
2 If I try deleting some files, will it help me?
3 What will happen if I give the command "cancel data"

Regards,
Stephy Ann Libera
Student
Physical oceanography