Re: [ferret_users] FILL AND SHADE

I'm not sure what may be happening here. Your script makes a color plot when I try it.

Try adding /PALETTE= to your commands to set the color palette, for instance

   yes? fill/palette=rnb2

or

  yes? fill/palette=rainbow

Outside of Ferret, check the environment definitions.
> Fenv

This lists the environment variables used by Ferret. The variable FER_PALETTE should list a directory which contains the color-palette files. Can you list out the files in that directory, for example, if FER_PALETTE is set to /usr/local/fer_dir/ppl/, can you say

> cat /usr/local/fer_dir/ppl/rainbow.spk

If there were a problem with these definitions, you should be seeing a Ferret error that it can't find or can't open the files, so again, I don't know what is happening.

-Ansley