Re: [ferret_users] Re: regarding ocean basin mask

Hi Saurabh,

You could use the basin masks on the Levitus 1°x1° grid provided by the OCMIP project. The following commands should get you going:

use https://vesg.ipsl.upmc.fr/thredds/dodsC/IPSLFS/jomce/ocmip/grids/LEV_grid.nc
use https://vesg.ipsl.upmc.fr/thredds/dodsC/IPSLFS/jomce/ocmip/specials/LEV_Basins.nc

let lev_basin = reshape(basin[d=LEV_Basins.nc],area[d=LEV_grid.nc])
sho grid lev_basin
shade/lev=(-0.5,4.5,1) lev_basin

! "lev_basin" has the following indicators for each basin:
!  0 = Atlantic
!  1 = Pacific
!  2 = Arctic
!  3 = Marginal Seas