Re: [ferret_users] Manually interpolate zero degree level

Hi,

Look at the transformation @LOC which picks out the data at a specified value.

-Ansley

On 5/17/2017 6:14 AM, Jasper Denissen wrote:
Dear ferret users,

I've got two variables, temperature T (K) and geopotential Z (m^2/s^2) on 25 pressure levels and a certain spatial extent. What I want to do is find the exact (read linearly interpolated) height of the zero degree level. All I found in the ferret documentation was interpolate transformations which fill data gaps, but I just need to define one variable which contains the interpolated geopotential height (geopotential / 9.81) at which the interpolated temperature equals zero. If there are several heights where T = 0, please take the lowest height.

I think this should be a fairly simple transformation, but I can't seem to find the answer myself. Someone please help me!

Kind regards,

Jasper Denissen
MSc student Earth & Environment
Wageningen University