Re: [ferret_users] STOP var prot err --> UVAR

Hi Ned,

Thanks! That seems to be helping!

Nancy

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 10:28 AM, Edward Cokelet - NOAA Federal <edward.d.cokelet@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don’t know whether or not this will help.  My ferret scripts often do some math, then plot a graph, then I make a gif of that graph using the FRAME command.  With the last couple of versions of ferret, ferret crashes at that point, sometimes with a not very informative error message.  On faster machines, the graph is still being plotted when ferret is trying to grab a snapshot of the frame.  This can be solved by slowing things down with a “sleep” command spawned out to the operating system as shown below.  It is hokey, but it works.

..ferret math percolating along…
sp sleep 0.5
frame/file=mygif/format=gif

Or maybe your problems are elsewhere!
Edward D. (Ned) Cokelet, Ph.D. Oceanographer
NOAA/PMEL                         off:  (206) 526-6820
7600 Sand Point Way NE     fax: (206) 526-6485
Seattle, WA 98115-6349

Edward.D.Cokelet@xxxxxxxx

The contents of this message are mine personally and do not necessarily reflect any position of the Government or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

--
Nancy Williams
Nancy.Williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx