[ferret_users] apply an offset on the time axis of a variable

Hi ferreters,

Is there a way to apply an offset on the time axis of a variable ?
I would like to add for example 50 years to all dates that are described
from the coordinates axis of a variable.
I am looking for a dynamic solution not by changing values in the file.

I have found a DATES function but have not been able to find the relative
documentation or an example.

yes? show  function dates
DATES(Offsets)
    Returns a string array of dates derived from the time axis and the given offsets
    Offsets: Offsets from the time given by time axis

But nothing from
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/appendix-a-external-functions/appendix-a

Any idea ?
Thanks

Regards
Patrick

--
Data Analysis and Visualization Engineer
LSCE/IPSL, CEA-CNRS-UVSQ laboratory