[ferret_users] problem with X-Windows

Hello,

Sorry, I know, this is not a ferret topic, but maybe somebody came across this.

Ferret cannot open a window for the plot. It dies with an X Error (please see below).

A “ferret –batch picture.gif” produces an empty gif file.

A “ferret –batch” produces a metafile that I can convert to postscript, which I can look at in gv and can convert to jpeg with gs.

Anybody seen anything like that before?

Thank you!

Best,

Joerg

[jk61@spectre11 jk61]$ ferret

        NOAA/PMEL TMAP

        FERRET v7 (opt)

        Linux 3.10.0-327.36.3.el7.x86_64 64-bit - 01/17/17

        10-Apr-17 16:27

yes? use Rainfall.nc

           *** NOTE: Axis coordinates are decreasing-ordered. Reversing ordering for axis lat

           *** NOTE: Coordinates out of order or missing on axis lon at subscript 35

           *** NOTE: A dummy axis of subscripts will be used

yes?   shade PRECIP[l=1]

X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)

  Major opcode of failed request:  12 (X_ConfigureWindow)

  Value in failed request:  0x0

  Serial number of failed request:  52

  Current serial number in output stream:  53

[jk61@spectre11 jk61]$ ls -al R*

-rwx------ 1 jk61 nobody 3053516 Nov 13  2013 Rainfall.nc

Jörg Kaduk

Associate Professor

http://www.geog.le.ac.uk/staff/jk61/

ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-4051-3081

e: jk61@xxxxxxxx

t: +44 (0)116 252 3848

Department of Geography, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester LE1 7RH, UK

cid:image001.png@01D0FA11.54D38240

           Elite Without Being Elitist

Follow us on Twitter or visit our Facebook page and the Departmental Twitter and Facebook page