Re: [ferret_users] diagonal section

Hi Robert,

I know how to draw vertical sections along the grid line but how to make picture of diagonal section between two points for instance between (5,5) and (15,25).

I don't have a complete answer, but if you can generate a set of points forming the diagonal, you can accomplish what you need, by using the function samplexy .

The second question is how to do the same diagonal section of velocity perpendicular to this section having only components of velocity along axis

Because you know the angle of the diagonal line, you can compute the component of velocity perpendicular to the line by

  let vn = (-1)*u*sin(angle) + v*cos(angle)

Once you have computed the normal component of the velocity like this, you can again use the samplexy function to get the slice of the velocity field along the line.

(I haven't looked at your netCDF file . . . .)

Regards,

Ryo