Re: [ferret_users] vertical weighted averagng

Hi all,

Here are some related resources:

The @AVE transformation. Note that the @WGT transformation returns the weights used by the equivalent @AVE transform.

A section on General Information on transformations.

FAQ on averages computed on the surface of the earth

http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_2004/msg00026.html

Ansley

On 3/23/2017 10:12 PM, Abhishek Savita wrote:
Hi... all
         I have also faced same problem earlier. I have checked  it analytically as well as with the matlab also. Actully ferret gives the weighted average if we give like var[x=@ave,y=@ave,z=@ave,.....]. But If anybody interested to compute normal average then in place of giving X, Y etc we should give corresponding index number as var[i=@ave,j=@ave,.....]. Where i and j are the index number corresponding Lon and lat.
Please check it I hope it will work.

with regards
Abhishek