Re: [ferret_users] PyFerret 7.1 on Mac OS X 10.12 ?

Le 22 mars 2017 à 23:55, Karl Smith - NOAA Affiliate <karl.smith@xxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Hi Olivier,

I do need to get the conda build updated to use the v7.1 source tag in github.

As for the NetCDF libraries, for some reason the latest NetCDF configuration allows you to build either the static libraries or the shared libraries, but not both.  I have no idea why NetCDF did it this way.  So HomeBrew just builds the shared libraries.  But you could just use the shared NetCDF libraries to build PyFerret.  In the site_specific.mk for PyFerret set the HDF5_DIR to blank and the build will use the shared libraries.

Nice trick, thanks !

That being said, the graphics (last I tried) still do not work under the latest Mac OS (Sierra) - something going wrong with PyQt run in a separate process.  If you are using the previous Mac OS, it works just fine.

I've got Sierra, so I'm screwed :-))

Olivier

--
Dr. Olivier Marti  - mailto:olivier.marti@xxxxxxxxxxxx