Re: [ferret_users] regarding go poly_swath

Dear Ansley
Thanks a lot, my problem sorted out from your suggestions.

regards, saurabh

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 4:28 AM, Ansley C. Manke <ansley.b.manke@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Saurabh,

The plot_swath script isn't taking into account the fact that the z axis is a depth axis, or positive-downwards.  This will be fixed in upcoming Ferret releases (and sooner on the GitHub Ferret repository).  The corrected script is attached.

Or, in the meantime you could add /TRANSPOSE to the polygon command that you pass to the script,

   go plot_swath poly/ov/pal=grey_light/nolab/nokey/trans  ...

For your second example, the ERROR message is cropping up because even though you average over Y and your plot variables are in Z only, the grid of the variables is still seen as having a Y-axis dependency.  This is related to what is discussed in the third example at the start of the plot_swath script, where it suggests specifying the region on the variable.  The averaging operation doesn't allow us to do it this way, so I think you will need to be explicit in putting your variables onto a Z-only grid,

   let zvar = z[gz=slope]
   let var1 = reshape(slope1-(2*tig1), zvar)
   let var2 = reshape(slope1+(2*tig1), zvar)
   go plot_swath poly/ov/pal=grey_light/nolab/nokey/trans var1, var2

-Ansley