[ferret_users] Reduce the size of the data

Hi all,

I computed the daily minimum of temperature based on 3h datasets (8 values/day), using the methodology (by steps of 8, I pick up the minimum temperature, and associate it to the first step to record it)

define axis/calendar=julian/t=01-jan-1979:31-dec-1995:3/units=hours tmodel
repeat/range=1:49672:8/name=it (  let tmin=temp[l=`it`]*0+tmin[l=`it`:`it+7`@min] ; save/append/file=Output.nc Tmin[l=`it`,gt=tmodel@asn] )

The problem is my output file is much bigger than it should. I got the impression that Ferret is recording the whole "formula" and not just the value of Tmin. Is there a way to solve that?

(my way to define Tmin may not be optimal though, that may cause the problem...)

Thanks,
Nicolas

Nicolas Freychet
PDRA, School of Geosciences