Re: [ferret_users] Gaussian filtering in ferret -Reg.

Dear Shiva,

I want to apply 500km gaussian smoothing to my spatial sea leve data.
Can I do this in ferret,  please can any one help me in this regard.

If you don't find the filter you want in the set of "@" transformations or external functions (see the Ferret manual), you may want to use the property that a Gaussian smoother can be approximated by a repeated application of other smoothers, like the boxcar moving average, I think.  It's the Central Limit Theorem (see the "Gaussian filter" entry on Wikipedia).

Ryo