[ferret_users] Re: [ferret_users] fill_between accuracy

Le Mercredi 15 Mars 2017 17.28 CET, "Patrick Brockmann" <patrick.brockmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

> Hi ferreters,
>
> I am wondering if the accuracy of the filling could be improved
> in the following script.
> I should perhaps regrid to a finer time step but I am afraid to
> complicate the script unnecessary.

I answer to my own question...
With 2 additional lines, the problem is solved. No other way.

My explanation.
You need to define a finer axis time (days) and regrid the variable
to it because the fills will be done by parts.
Smaller they are, better the accuracy will be.

So

let a0 = uwnd[i=@ave,j=@ave]-uwnd_clim[i=@ave,j=@ave,T="01-JAN-1982":"31-DEC-1992"]

to be replaced by

let a0 = uwnd[i=@ave,j=@ave]-uwnd_clim[i=@ave,j=@ave,T="01-JAN-1982":"31-DEC-1992"]
def axis/t="01-JAN-1982":"31-DEC-1992":1/units=days timeDays
let a = a0[gt=timeDays]

Happy ferreting.
Patrick

--
Data Analysis and Visualization Engineer
LSCE/IPSL, CEA-CNRS-UVSQ laboratory

PNG image