Re: [ferret_users] VECTOR wind plots

Hi Gijs,

I get the following error message:
 **ERROR: request exceeds memory setting: 57 Mwords were requested.
define axis/y=1:`num_vectors`:1 y_vect_cnt
Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted
 *** NOTE: You can use SET MEMORY/SIZE=xxx to increase memory.
 *** NOTE: The "Memory use" section of the FERRET Users Guide has further tips.

There is a very useful trick which applies not only to Ferret problems but also to many other computer-related problems: Search Google for a characteristic error message. In this particular case, try searching Goole for "SET MEMORY/SIZE=xxx to increase memory" with double quotation symbols included in the search string.

Also I need to define the time dimension somewhere...

That is too general a question, I think, the answer to which will depend on your specific situation.  But, I suggest looking at the DEFINE/GRID section of the Ferret manual.

Regards,

Ryo