Re: [ferret_users] conversion of decibars to metre depth in sea water

Hi Saurabh and Russ,

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 11:34 AM, Russ Fiedler <russell.fiedler@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
You'll need the density information in order to integrate 1/(g*rho) from the surface downwards and then use ZAXREPLACE to map to the z axis.
If you have the salinity information then use the function RHO_UN.

But, very often, we don't need that accuracy. Usually pressure in decibars is regarded as equivalent to depth in meters.  We had the same discussion in the mid January:

http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_2017/msg00034.html

The thread also describes more accurate conversions.

Ryo