Re: [ferret_users] appending data along an axis

Hi,

Here is a thread with a similar question referring to the Y direction: http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_2014/msg00235.html

Have a look at the documentation, under "append" at ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/index-1/index. Because you are not appending in time, you will look at the entry under appending a slab. The examples show reading data from ascii files, so you will not need the commands that set up the grid for reading data.

Basically you define the output Z axis with the full range of depths, and regrid data from both sets to that axis. Write these to a new file using the /ZLIMITS qualifier to set up the file with all of the depths, and the /Z= qualifier to write 0:200 from the first file. Then append the depths 200:400 from the second set (If both files really have data at 200m, you will need to decide which file's data to use.)

-Ansley