Re: [ferret_users] Ocean_temp palette

The by-levels palette gives consistent colors for the same data values, for instance as you zoom in on a region; so 23 deg C will always be orange, for instance. The ocean_temp palette is for temperatures in degrees C. A useful piece of documentation for palettes is here: http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/faq/ferret-color-palettes