Re: [ferret_users] land_detail confuses boundary and river

Hi,

Finishing this thread: The datsets that were updated with Ferret v7.1 will fix the problem with major rivers reported here. Previously major rivers that are represented in the dataset with two lines - one on each side of the river - were drawn only as part of the continent boundaries.  Now these same portions of the rivers are included in the "large rivers" grouping in "go land_detail".

You will need to download the "Ferret Datasets" tar file, ftp://ftp.pmel.noaa.gov/ferret/pub/data/fer_dsets.tar.gz, and either use the Finstall script to install the datasets for Ferret or PyFerret to use, or simply untar it and replace the dataset geo_borders_intermed.nc in a directory included in the environment variable FER_DATA. (It will work with previous versions of Ferret if you are not ready to upgrade Ferret now.)

In addition the national boundaries of Eritrea are updated, in both geo_borders_intermed.nc and geo_borders.nc

Ansley