RE: [ExternalEmail] Re: [ferret_users] Thermal expansion coefficient

Ned and Russ, thank you both for your prompt help!

Regards,

Xuebin

From: owner-ferret_users@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-ferret_users@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Russ Fiedler
Sent: Friday, 17 February 2017 1:26 PM
To: ferret_users@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExternalEmail] Re: [ferret_users] Thermal expansion coefficient

Hi,

Thanks, Ned. This is a much better answer than mine. I'm saving it in my $FER_DIR/contrib directory! I had a version for just sound speed from JMFWG 2006 but not the other derivatives. Also, Ferret does its internal calculations in double precision nowadays so the results are actually good to about 14dp or so rather than just 7dp as noted in the header documentation.

Just need somebody to implement TEOS10 now...

Russ

PS: Xuebin, this is the EOS that we use in mom4/mom5, so it's probably exactly what you want.