Re: [ferret_users] setting the directory where images are saved

Hi,

files will be saved in the current working directory. If you want to save in a different directory just put the full or relative pathway rather than just a filename as the file argument. Special expansions like "~" won't work directly (however you can use the SPAWN command/function to construct a string).

Note that you need to enclose the pathway in quotes to protect the slashes.

So, let's say we are running in /home/roger

plot i[i=1:10]

frame/file="/home/roger/gifdir/myplot.gif"    !full pathway

frame/file="./gifdir/myplot.gif"                       !relative

frame/file="gifdir/myplot.gif"

def sym outputdir=/home/roger/gifdir           ! make a symbol with the dirctory
frame/file="($outputdir)/myplot.gif"

def sym outputdir=`spawn("echo ~")`/gifdir    ! Expand "~" and create a symbol.
frame/file="($outputdir)/myplot.gif"

should all do the same thing

Russ