[ferret_users] converting depth cordinated into density (sigma) cordinate

Dear Ferreters

I think ferret is capable enough to convert depth co-ordinates (m) into density cordinates (kg/m^3) but how i don't know and i searched the mail archives but found nothing regarding this.

this is the description of my data and details what I am looking for.

i am having data of Potential temperature (PT), Salinity (S) and potential density (PD) all are from 0-2000 m in depth (Z), Lon(X), Lat (Y) and Time (t). So my data is PT(X,Y,Z,t), S(X,Y,Z,t) and PD(X,Y,Z,t). Now I want PT(X,Y,PD,t), S(X,Y,PD,t) and Z(PD) i.e. I want temperature and salinity as a function of density rather then depth. so that i can make depth section fill plot of temperature and salinity and overlay contours of density on it.

I am badly struck in this problem as there is no such link in the mail archive. please help me out for this problem

regards, Binny