Re: [ferret_users] strange error in pyferret

Dear Ansley,
Thanks very much It worked

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 12:37 AM, Ansley C. Manke <ansley.b.manke@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

As a general suggestion, when you send an example script, it's best if you use datasets that are available in the Ferret distribution, or if you define variables within the script, so that it doesn't depend on data that aren't available. Just from reading the script, it's hard to know whether there's a problem with the commands, the data, or what.

I took out all the references to your datasets, and substituted "use etopo60" and "fill rose" for the plot commands.  The error message is coming from the SHAKEY command that you're using:

PPL SHAKEY 1, 0, 0.18,1, 3, 6, 1, 1, 0.5, 0.8

The last four arguments 1, 1, 0.5, 0.8   are the edges of the key itself: xlo,xhi,ylo,yhi.  You have xlo=xhi=1, so that is setting a zero width for the key.

Ansley