Re: [ferret_users] dynamic height calculations [CORRECTION]

Sorry for confusion. My original discussion of the unit conversion below was wrong. The corrected discussion is here:

The 1E5 in the second command contains the unit conversions:
- multiplying by 1e4 converts depth in m to pressure in Pa via the hydrostatic eqn: P=rho*g*z
   Here rho*g ~ 1025*9.8=10045 is approximated as 10000
- dividing the result by 10 defines the quantity  “dynamic meter” (units J/kg = m2/s2)
- multiplying by 100 converts dyn-m to dyn-cm

BK