[ferret_users] Create gridded data

Hi all,

I wonder if there is an easy way to grid a data from ASCII files? I'm trying to grid station data from a list and coordinates separated in 3 text files.

I have 3 text files: one with the stations data, one with the latitude, one with the longitude (the lon and lat are not regular).
So basically I'd like to create a grid from the second and third file, and associate at each grid point the corresponding value of the station variable.

I tried something like:

FILE/VAR=StLAT/columns=1 Stations-Lat.txt
FILE/VAR=StLON/columns=1 Stations-Lon.txt
DEFINE GRID/Y=STLAT[d=3]/Y=STLON[d=4] gdata

But the "gdata" is empty.

Any idea about how to process?

Nicolas

Nicolas Freychet