Re: [ferret_users] for multiple png or gif file for the use of animation

Hi animated GIF fans,

The python graphics libraries that we use in PyFerret write png files, not gif's. If you do a web search you will find discussions about converting pngs to gifs using ImageMagick. (https://github.com/kohler/gifsicle/issues/12)  Is that an option for you? If you or anyone tries it, please let us know how it looks.

It's even simpler with imagemagick:

convert -delay 100 image???.png animation.gif

That is, you can produce an animated GIF directly from a set of PNG files.

Reading the webpage Ansley cites, I was actually puzzled why people use first "convert" to convert from PNG to GIF and then "gifsicle"  to convert GIF to animated GIF .

Regards,

Ryo