Re: [ferret_users] origin of the axis ticking?

Ferret is making an appropriate choice to center the limits on the equator. Most of the time that is what is wanted.

Specifying an interval of 20 on VLIMITS gets a tick at the southern end:

yes? fill/vlimits=-20:5:20/hli=5:20:5/l=1/k=1 temp   ! blank plot but whatever

Then it is a simple matter to draw a tick on the northern end:

yes? ppl window,off;plot/vs/over/nolab/line=1 {5,4.8},{5,5}

Seems like it takes a lot less time to do that than to try to come up with a workaround.

For more than a few ticks, it's pretty easy to use a REPEAT loop to draw ticks and labels manually.

Am I missing something?

Billy