Re: [ferret_users] using repeat with figure description longer than 2048 characters

Hi Paul

What's going on is that the whole set of commands in the REPEAT loop are read in as a single command line, and then that's parsed up, defining and executing each of the different individual commands. This means that the whole loop can't get too long.

A good way to get around this is to put the contents of the REPEAT loop into their own script. Then each command can be the full length, and it's also a bit easier to debug and maintain. Then your loop is just

  REPEAT/L=1:20 (go myscript)

All variables are global, so the index L that's set by the repeat command will be correct within the script.

Ansley