Re: [ferret_users] change of time-series curves colors

Thank you for the quick reply. I got the plot what I need for my work

With Kind Regards
B. Nanda Kishore Reddy,

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 3:03 AM, Ansley C. Manke <ansley.b.manke@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
Here's a general method. By default, a plot with multiple lines is colored using a default set of colors: black, red, green, blue,  ...

If you use the /COLOR qualifier with no argument to /COLOR,

yes? PLOT/COLOR var1, var2

then Ferret will skip black and plot the first line using red and the second one using green which are the defaults for pen colors 2 and 3.   Now, you can redefine the color for any pen number,  see this documentation:
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/customizing-plots/COLOR#_VPID_245

So, for example,  this script will color variable AA with gray, and variable BB with black

yes? ppl color 2,70,70,70
yes? ppl color 3, 0, 0, 0

yes? let AA = 1./i
yes? let BB = 2./i
yes? plot/i=1:15/thick/set/color AA, BB

For your call to "go legend" you would keep the commands the same, specifying 1 and 2.