[ferret_users]: pyferret cannot find engine PipedViewerPQ

Hi,
I stumble into a strange problem with pyferret. The same code (really identical code - installed on a central software file system)
works on one machine, on the other it does not. The error message is
<phy-1:mschmidt>ferret
        NOAA/PMEL TMAP
        PyFERRET v7 (opt)
        Linux 3.19.0-64-generic - 07/01/16
        16-Sep-16 12:44

yes? use coads_climatology
yes? shade/l=1 sst
Unknown engine: PipedViewerPQ
STOP FGD_GACWK: null windowobj

A blank window opens and ferret crashs.

The operating system on both the machines is suse linux OS13.2. python is python2.7, installed from the linux distribution. ferret is installed from PyFerret-7.0.0-Ubuntu-14.04-64.tar.gz, but a binary build by myself shows the same
error, again it works only on one machine.

The traditional ferret v7 is running well. Also the example described on the ferret web-pages to start python first, than import pyferret and execute ferret from there, still works well.

PyFERRET v7 was running well on both the machines some weeks ago. I think, but I cannot be sure, that the error showed up after the last system security update, including curl, wget ... I do not remeber in all components. The update is applied on both the machines.

The difference between the machines is:
- pyferret is working well on a PC-like machine with a kde4-desktop.
- pyferret is not working any more on a remote server, where I am logged in via ssh -X

Any idea or suggestion on the possible reason and how to fix this, would be very welcome.

Greetings,
Martin Schmidt