You may want to keep you memory requirement lower and try saving your calculated variable piecewise.

Kind regards,
Karl

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 2:20 AM, Estanislao Gavilan Pascual-Ahuir (PGR) <E.Gavilan-Pascual-Ahuir1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Dr Nuncio Murukesh,

I do not know if it is related to the memory because the error Segmentation fault is usually due to an error with your matrix. When I get that error is because I am using the wrong subscripts of the matrix . I might be wrong, but it would be worthy checking your code and your data.

Kind regards,

Estanislao

From: owner-ferret_users@xxxxxxxx <owner-ferret_users@xxxxxxxx> on behalf of Dr. Nuncio Murukesh <nuncio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 15 September 2016 07:37:44
To: Ferret pmel
Subject: [ferret_users] memory error?

   Why I am getting this error?

yes? set memory/size=555
 Cached data cleared from memory
yes? list/file=file.nc/form=cdf/y=-90:0 var1

/home/nuncio/PyFerret/bin/pyferret: line 30: 14400 Segmentation fault      ${python_exe} -i -c "import sys; import pyferret; (errval, errmsg) = pyferret.init(sys.argv[1:], True)" $*

Here I am subsetting ecmwf 37 level, 1.5 deg file on a 32 bit i5

Is this a system specific problem or a pyferret memory isssue. I am unable set memory/size above 800

Thanks and regards
nuncio

Nuncio Murukesh
National Centre for Antarctic and Ocean Research
Goa-403804
Ph:91 832 2525679

--
Karl M. Smith, Ph.D.