Re: [ferret_users] Error while launching ferret in mac

Hi Aditi,

You will need to install the XQuartz X11 library.
See the links in the first paragraphs of:
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/downloads/ferret-mac-os-x-downloads

Kind regards,
Karl

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 10:01 AM, Aditi Deshpande <aditid84@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hello!

I installed ferret on my mac el captain. I keep getting the following error when I try to launch ferret.

dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/X11/lib/libX11.6.dylib

  Referenced from: /opt/ferret/bin/ferret

  Reason: image not found

Trace/BPT trap: 5

​Could some one help me fix this?