[ferret_users] plot a variable according to altitude

Hi Ferret users,

I have a DEM Z(x,y) and a map precipitation P(x,y)

Now I would like to plot (or save in a ascii file), for each cell which has the same elevation, the average of all the precipitation values which are at this elevation. In other word, for a given Z0 elevation, I would like to have the average of Precipitation values which are at Z0 elevation.

What the best way for doing that ?

Thank's in advance

Francois DELCLAUX
UMR HydroSciences - CC 57
Université Montpellier
163 rue Auguste Broussonnet
34090  Montpellier      FRANCE

http://www.hydrosciences.org/
mailto: francois.delclaux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel : (33) (0)4 67 14 90 11      Fax : (33) (0)4 67 14 47 74