[ferret_users] longer input line buffer?

Hi,

I am trying to generate time aggregations for numerical ocean model results. Usually, those data come in time slices. File names mark the period and may have 15 to 20 characters each. If the model results cover a longer period, the file list may become long and the aggregation command becomes longer than 2048 characters. In this case the command
cannot be executed by ferret.

If I would have a free wish ... would it be eventually possible to increase the input buffer size in future releases?

With short file names the aggregation feature works perfect - much better than with the old descriptor files. Especially at compute centers the tredds-option is not permitted and aggregation with ferret allows a quicklook.

I am using pyferret v7 compiled by myself. May be a hint would help, in which file the input buffer size is defined.
So I could recompile and test by myself.

Best,
Martin Schmidt